SPONSORED by the Mennello Museum’s event: Grace Hartigan Opening Reception – This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you’re reading this at the terminal, SunRail is closed for the day but LYNX is still running. Be sure to listen to our latest episode of Bungalower and the Bus HERE. You can catch it live on Real Radio 104.1 at 9 p.m. every Friday.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
SPONSORED HOUSE OF THE DAY: Remodeled Milk District home asking $255,000.
SPONSORED HOUSE OF THE DAY: Fully-renovated College Park bungalow asking under $400,000.
- Grill’s Lakeside Seafood Deck has finally opened their Lake Fairview location.
- Gringos Locos has soft-opened their new SODO location after three or so years of us waiting for Double D’s south of the 408.
- Vegan eatery Leguminati has landed a home with Foxtail Coffee Co. in the up-and-coming Hourglass District.
- A new concept called Cafe Linger is going to open up in the former College Park NYPD Pizza space this spring and they’ll have a piano.
- UCF students, faculty, and staff can now ride LYNX for free with a valid UCF-issued ID.
- Orlando Shirts is for sale and could be yours.
- Hinge Vintage Hardware is going to close their shop this month following a massive liquidation sale of all of their vintage hardware doo-dads.
- “Indicted Mingos Investor Arrested Attempting to Fly to Ecuador.” – Scott Joseph Orlando
- Find out what Winter Park Voice readers hate about their city with their new Happy New Year post.
- “Orlando in top 10 nationally for sales, real estate jobs.” – Orlando Business Journal
ICYMI Here are some other news updates you may have missed:
- Virgin Hyperloop launched a new mutimodal app twelve years in advance of their inevitable launch.
- The developer behind Mills Park is signing papers to take over the Fashion Square Mall building.
- Taco Twist has been replaced by Bulgogi House.
- Stunning estate on Lake Ivanhoe asking over a million dollars.
- The nurse behind our favorite Instagram account @orlandoissleeping is having their first art show on January 16.
- “Orlando’s Domu named one of USA Today’s top ramen destinations.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando lawmakers push statewide cannabis decriminalization bill again.” – West Orlando News
- “Losing luster, restaurants rebrand instead of close.” – Orlando Sentinel
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday: Mini Pop-up Art Show (Ivanhoe Village)
- Wednesday: Fernet-Branca Punch Crawl Competition (Baldwin Park)
- Wednesday: Orlando Story Club – This is Orlando (South Eola)
- Thursday: Candy Chang presents Before I Die: A Participatory Art Project (Winter Park)
- Thursday: Epic Glo Golf (Winter Park)
- Friday: Winter Book Sale (Downtown)