This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen 👂 to our 77th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
📰 TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- We got a chance to have a Question and Answer with Mr. John Rivers of 4 Rivers Smokehouse to chat about his 40-acre farm project in the Packing District – here’s what he had to say.
- Stasio’s Italian Deli opened on January 23 in the Milk District and we can’t stop eating their sandwiches.
- RoyalTea opened in a former Mills 50 smoke shop and they serve Cheese Mousse Tea. That’s tea, with something like a cheesecake mousse on top of it.
- The owners of BART Bar and Arcade are throwing in the towel and we’re really sad about it.
- Orlando Mayor is turning 60 and he’s having a big birthday party on August 7. Y’all are invited.
- The team that brought the SNAP photography festival to the City Beautiful just announced that they’re working on an Augmented Reality event to town.
- Ivanhoe Village has hired a new Executive Director and she looks super-awesome and ready to get to work.
- “Curry Ford Road diet: A learning moment for more livable Orlando, officials say.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “‘Naked and Afraid’ gives Orlando artist more exposure.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Richard Owens, influential professor and former Orlando Opera manager, dies at 86.” – Orlando Sentinel
🕵️ ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “July’s Independence issue of our zine is out.” – Bungalower
- “Cool Job Alert: Program Coordinator at Crealde School of Art.” – Bungalower
- “Tijuana Flats is offering cheeseburger tacos through September.” – Bungalower
- “Chinese-owned bike share not coming to Orlando after all.” – Bungalower
- “15 things you probably don’t know about Orlando.” – ClickOrlando.com
- “Pat Greene is leaving Orlando, and we don’t want to talk about it. But we have to.” – Orlando Weekly
- [PAYWALL] “Affordable home subsidiary of Ashton Woods plans townhomes near College Park.” – GrowthSpotter
- [PAYWALL] “Anticipated growth of $1B Creative Village prompts larger Ustler Development project.” – Orlando Business Journal
🔥HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 7/30: National Veterans Wheelchair Games (I-Drive)
- Wednesday 8/1: Tough Biker – Wednesday Ride (Coy Town)
- Thursday 8/2: What’s Up Downtown – SunRail Expansion (Downtown)
- Thursday 8/2-8/4: Bananas – The Art Show (Downtown)
- Friday 8/3: Three Years of Craft Coffee (Milk District)
- Friday 8/3: Terri Binion and Jack Graham (Winter Park)
- Friday 8/3: Vans Warped Tour (Parramore)
- Friday 8/3: Van Night at The Ace (Downtown)
- Friday 8/3: Anime Festival Orlando 2018 (I-Drive)