SPONSORED by Orange County Library System: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was recorded at The Local in College Park where we ate some of the best wings we’ve had in ages. It’s under new ownership!
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Aldi is snatching up the Colonial Landing Lucky’s Market lease and Publix wants some action too.
- The new owner of Wally’s added a window and everyone’s freaking out.
- Well, it’s official … I-4 Ultimate is 9-months behind schedule.
- Brendan got to quiz our new Director of Placemaking and Competitiveness on what exactly his job will be and what that means for Orlando.
- Winter Park finally approved the price of its new library project.
- A new restaurant is open in the former Spice/Tre Bambine space on Lake Eola but they don’t have a website or Facebook page.
- “Orlando restaurant to become dementia-friendly dining option.” – WESH News
- “Not welcome: Gay students, parents are denied service in Florida’s publicly funded voucher schools.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Terry DeCarlo, LGBTQ leader after Pulse nightclub massacre, dies of cancer.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “UCF to fire 3 faculty members accused of helping student get PhD in exchange for grants.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Bill to use Tourist Tax to incentivize Florida Film production in Florida moves forward.” – Bungalower
- “Bite Squad nixes delivery and goes pick-up only.” – Bungalower
- “Goodwill hosting Galentine’s Day designer handbag pop-up.” – Bungalower
- “Lime: Losing momentum.” – Monocle
- “You can enjoy books and booze at this cute cafe with 90s vibes in Orlando.” – Narcity
- “From food halls to fine dining, Orlando’s most anticipated new restaurants of 2020.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Shoot someone in a major U.S. City, and odds are you’ll get away with it.” – The Trace
- “What I Learned From Making Dozens of Public Records Requests for Police Data.” – The Trace
- “Orlando man mistakes fishing pole hole for gas tank in his boat.” – WDBO
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 2/3: Pet Photo Shoot Fundraiser (SoDo)
- Tuesday 2/4: Future-Ready City Plan Community Meeting (SoDo)
- Thursday 2/6: Walk A Mile In Her Shoes (Downtown)
- Thursday 2/6: Dinner with Douglas Kirkland (Mills 50)
- Thursday 2/6: Watermark’s Swipe Right Party (Milk District)
- Friday 2/7: FAVO’s 100th Art Show (North Quarter)
- Friday 2/7: Handmade Happy Hour: Weaving (Maitland)
- Friday 2/7: Heart and Soul 16th Annual (Downtown)
- Friday 2/7: The Girl Of The Golden West (Church Street)
- Friday 2/7: Moonlight Walking Tour (Greenwood Cemetery)