SPONSORED by UCF Celebrates the Arts 2018: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Be sure to listen to our latest episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE. It’s a fun weekly conversation of the week’s top headlines, over beers! You can catch it live on Real Radio 104.1 at 9 p.m. every Friday.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
- Rollins College student Brennan Bennett died last week on campus.
- Eyes on the Street: What’s with all the white “snow” near the library? It’s Polystyrene.
- Orlando City’s Sacha Kljestan and his wife bought out a theater for a showing of “Love, Simon” because they want everyone to see it.
- If you like free ice cream, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream is handing out free samples on April 4 in Winter Park.
- Brooklyn Coffee has closed and is being replaced by a “champagne and caviar” concept.
- Cool Job Alert: MetroPlan Orlando is looking for a new Executive Director. Maybe they can tell us the real commute times for the three-lane model for the Corrine Drive revamp.
- Eyes on the Street: Another sewage leak on the Orlando Urban Trail.
- “Tako Cheena will open new Church Street location.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Intersection: The City Bikeable?” – WMFE
- “Governor signs liquor bill into law.” – Scott Joseph Orlando
- “Bring to Orlando: Participatory Budgets for Public-ly funded projects.” – Bungalower
- “Eat, drink, and be charitable next Friday, April 6 at Sideline Wine and Dine.” – Bungalower
- “SODO main street needs volunteers to cleanup the Amtrak Station.” Because FDOT isn’t doing it … – Bungalower
- “Planet Fitness wants you to Macarena with them, 25 years later.” – Bungalower
- “Urban bike trails in cities like Indianapolis, Dallas and Atlanta are proving to have rich economic benefits to city neighborhoods.” – T4AMERICA BLOG
- “Fire destroys Park Avenue home in Winter Park.” – Winter Park Maitland Observer
- “Dale Whittaker confirmed as UCF’s next president.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Widow of Pulse gunman acquitted.” Watermark
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 4/2: Blockchain and Champagne – Crypto for Women (North Quarter)
- Monday 4/2: Easter Hangoer Big Gay Bingo (Mills50)
- Tuesday 4/3: AIGA April Community Meeting (North Quarter)
- Wednesday 4/4: An Evening with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Winter Park)
- Wednesday 4/4: Neighborhood Watch and Crime Prevention Workshop (Milk District)
- Thursday 4/5: What’s Up Downtown Real Estate Outlook (Downtown)
- Thursday 4/5: 2018 Showcase of Undergraduate Research Excellence (UCF)
- Friday 4/6: UCF Celebrates the Arts 2018 (Downtown)
- Friday 4/6: Florida Film Festival Opening Night Party (Maitland)
- Friday 4/6: Sideline Wine and Dine (Parramore)
- Friday 4/6: Frequencies: A Benefit for WPRK (Downtown)