SPONSORED: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 82nd episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE. Be sure to tune in to FOX 35 every Monday morning at 9:30 a.m. to hear our editor on Good Day Extra talking about the week’s top headlines.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The Buca di Beppo property in Maitland is for sale but the corporate offices say the restaurant isn’t going anywhere. We say, add a parking garage and Enzian could talk expansion plans again!
- Poke Hana soft-opened this weekend in Mills 50 and their Hawaiian poke bowls are amazing. Check out a photo on our Instagram to see for yourself.
- Cool Job Alert: Urban Think Foundation are looking to hire someoneOur friends at the awesome. Is it you?
- County residents can get their driver’s licenses reinstated at these handy clinics.
- Mai Bistro is closing in Mills 50 and Z Asian Vietnamese Cuisine is moving in next door.
- “From rooftops to algae pools: Orlando’s vision for carbon-free energy.” – The New York Times
- “Developers hope to revitalize retail in Downtown Orlando.” – GlobeSt.com
- “Orlando’s DJ Nasty with DJ Khaled opens for Beyoncé and Jay-Z.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Trucks line up under Orlando overpass to stop man threatening to jump.” – WESH
- “The Mennello Museum shows new work by emerging Orlando artists we’re happy to claim as our own.” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Orlando underground tunnels keeping the city beautiful.” – Click Orlando
- “Smash rooms are breaking their way into Orlando area.” – Click Orlando
- “Orlando City Council to approve hiring 15 more school resource officers.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “10 people who make Orlando a better place to live.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Toll roads in Orlando, Central Florida will now accept E-ZPass.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Brew Theory and Tasting Room to Create 13 new jobs.” – The Daily City
- [PAYWALL] “City board green lights design for X Orlando apartment tower.” – GrowthSpotter
- [PAYWALL] “Apartment tower planned on church-owned land in downtown Orlando.” – GrowthSpotter
- [PAYWALL] Rollins College delays 2 capital projects, including planned Alfond Inn expansion“.” – Orlando Business Journal
FEATURED REAL ESTATE:
- “Historic bungalow in Lake Eola Heights wants $499,000.”
- “Home in gated Winter Park community asking $410,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 9/4: AIGA Orlando – Community Meeting (Audubon Park)
- Tuesday 9/4: Loose Lips – The September Edition (Mills 50)
- Wednesday 9/5: A Celebration of Dharma Bums (College Park)
- Thursday 9/6: What’s Up Downtown – Future Downtown Public Space (Downtown)
- Thursday 9/6: Bourbon Heritage Month Kickoff Happy Hour (Downtown)
- Thursday 9/6: Community Cleanup at Lake Adair (College Park)
- Friday 9/7: FAVO – Fall Art Party (North Quarter)