SPONSORED by Downtown Darryl Real Estate: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 114th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- We composed an interactive map of all of the SunRail collisions that have occurred since its launch in 2014.
- Bruno Zacchini is testing his Bagel Bruno concept next week and giving out free samples in Winter Park. They also just announced that Pizza Bruno is pulling out of Orange County Brewers in Downtown Orlando.
- The Plaza Live was awarded $10 million and now belongs to the City of Orlando.
- Baldwin Park is getting a full-service Emergency Room, well, nearby anyway.
- The Orlando Police Department is switching up operations based on data and according to Facebook comments, our readers weren’t really impressed. We still are though.
- Writer’s Block Bookstore is moving out of their current home and onto Park Avenue.
- The Coop is giving out free chicken tenders all week for their 5th anniversary.
- “Easter Bunny Vigilante: No time for questions … hopped into brawl to save a woman!!!” – TMZ
- “Brutal column disregards library building’s architectural significance.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Orlando developer wants to tear down the Fashion Square Mall after buying land for $23 million.” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Timucua Foundation brings intimate concert experience to Orlando arts lovers.” – 90.7 WMFE
- “Man wanting to go off the grid battles Orlando over solar panels.” – Click Orlando
- “Baby bobcat dropped off at Orlando fire station is doing well.” – Click Orlando
- “Orlando Solar Bears keeping Orlando’s playoff hopes alive.” – Orlando Magic Daily
- “SunRail hits highest monthly ridership mark.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “UCF names new longterm interim CFO in wake of funding scandal.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Megabus.com expands Orlando to Miami trips to 48 a week.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Orlando takes indoor farmers market for test run.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Pulse memorial funding up in air amid state budget talks.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Florida lawmakers agree to give $500K for a permanent Pulse memorial.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Here’s everyone we saw at the 2019 Puerto Rican Parade in downtown Orlando.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Neighbors look to bolster bee population in Thornton Park.” – WESH 2
- “Call to Artists: Submit photos for 2020 Historic Preservation Board Calendar.”
- “May Event Roundup for the Orange County Library.”
- “Great Reads: Orange County Public Library’s book selections for April.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 4/29: Halfway to Halloween ’19 (West Orlando)
- Monday 4/29: Harry Potter and Orlandough Donuts (Milk District)
- Tuesday 4/30: ReThinking Intercity Travel with Virgin Trains (North Quarter)
- Wednesday 5/1: Bites and Bubbles 1 Year Anniversary (Mills 50)
- Wednesday 5/1: Corrine Drive Plan Community Meeting (Audubon Park)
- Wednesday 5/1: Get Lit: Closed Mic May Edition (Milk District)
- Wednesday 5/1: Neighborhood Improvement District Meeting (East Orlando)
- Wednesday 5/1: Orlando Story Club – What a Rush (South Eola)
- Friday 5/3: FAVO First Friday Art Show (Park Lake Highland)
- Friday 5/3: Lunch & Learn: Central Florida on the Silver Screen (Downtown)
- Friday 5/3: Movie Night at Leu – Crazy Rich Asians (Audubon Park)
- Friday 5/3: Sandra Day O’Connor, America’s first female [Justice] (College Park)