SPONSORED by the OCLS Booktoberfest on October 4: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was sponsored by the SoDo Main Street Program.
OUR LAST BUNGALOWER BINGO OF THE MONTH IS TAKING PLACE TONIGHT, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30 AT WALLY'S AT 7 P.M. COME ON OUT AND ENJOY!
Tell your friends how to get our Top Ten roundup in their inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- A new ordinance at City Hall proposes allowances/restrictions that would pave the way for motorized scooters in downtown Orlando.
- The owners of the historic train station on Church just released the results from their survey on MakeOrlandoGreat.com that show what locals want to see happen next in the big, beautiful building.
- Ocean Sun Brewing has closed for good on Curry Ford.
- The City of Orlando is finally going to close that final gap in the Orlando Urban Trail and connect it to downtown Orlando via the new pedestrian bridge.
- Check out these plans for the latest residential tower going up in Parramore‘s Creative Village.
- A new women-focused rideshare is launching in October called “Safr.”
- Residents in unincorporated Orange County finally got curbside trash collection restored following Hurricane Dorian, just this past week.
- Mayor Buddy just appointed a new Orlando Fire Department Chief with a very authoritative mustache.
- “These are the 45 highest-paid City of Orlando employees in 2019.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Orlando police announce policy changes after 6-year-olds arrested.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Amazon deliveries to go green with electric vans.” – Curbed
- “The digital future of public space is taking shape in Miami’s new ‘smart park’.” – Curbed
- “What makes a place great? Urban planners explain with 13 examples across the U.S.” – Curbed
- “32 murals of all sizes coming to Audubon Park Business District.” – The Daily City
- “7 great ‘secret’ bars in Florida.” – Insider
- “Elon Musk plans for SpaceX Starship sees orbital launch in 6 months, crewed missions by next year.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “I-4 Ultimate worker dies, another injured in Orlando industrial accident, contractor says.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Fall Arts Guide 2019.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando’s famed Hideaway Bar bans smoking inside and on the front porch.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando officer is terminated after arresting 6-year-olds.” – The New York Times
- “Wayne Brady heads home to Florida for interactive, improv rock concert.” – Watermark
- “Historic Tudor in Lake Cherokee asking $679,000.”
- “Updated mid-century near Lake Como asking $349,900.”
- “Two-bedroom condo in Lake Eola Heights asking $175,000.”
- “Boone High School presents ‘Matilda The Musical,’ October 3-5.”
- “The Central Florida Foundation wants you to host a Table Talk.”
- “Hourglass Brewing hosting two-city Oktoberfest, Sept. 28.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 9/30: Bungalower Bingo Night at Wally’s (Mills 50)
- Wednesday 10/2: Intersectionality – Building a Framework for Social Change (Downtown)
- Thursday 10/3: Glitter and Gore – A Halloween Power (Fairvilla)
- Thursday 10/3: Mixtape – Volume 7 (Downtown)
- Thursday 10/3: What’s Up Downtown – DTO On The Rise (Downtown)
- Friday 10/4: Booktoberfest 2019 (Downtown)
- Friday 10/4: Central Florida Artists as Accidental Historians (Downtown)
- Friday 10/4: Night Market with Zombietoberfest (Audubon Park)
- Friday 10/4: Paranormal Investigations at the Waterhouse (Maitland)
- Friday 10/4: White Canvas Party at Mennello (Ivanhoe Village)
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT WHAT ELSE IS IN OUR ONLINE CALENDAR THIS WEEK.
“THUMB-erdome” is now a thing and bingo ties will never be the same. Thank you to everyone who came out tonight to hang at @wallysmills50 ! Come out today (Monday, September 30th) for our last Bungalower Bingo of the evening.