This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was recorded at the newly-opened (as of this morning) Hungry Pants restaurant in the SoDo District.
Tell your friends how to get our Top Ten roundup in their inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The Thornton Park Dexter’s restaurant has been sold to new owners.
- Starbucks is moving forward with its new store on the corner of Fern Creek and Colonial Drive – the former home of Ice Cold Auto Air.
- Two “little old ladies” are raising funds to purchase the property on the corner of Rosalind and Central to prevent it from being developed and to expand Lake Eola Park.
- The Kitty Beautiful Cat Cafe is now open in Downtown Orlando.
- The historic Beacham Theater will get some major facade renovations next year and we have the plans.
- Tin and Taco is opening another new location, this time in Winter Park.
- Two local Steak ‘n Shake restaurants were closed last week.
- The new Hungry Pants restaurant is now open.
- “How American wanted for murder of Kenyan billionaire is living lavish life in US.” – Nairobi News
- “Hamburger Mary’s in Orlando fights to stay accessible amid beef with developer.” – Spectrum News 13
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Dexter’s New Standard Winter Park sneak preview.” – The Daily City
- “Mojo the iguana was a jail pet. Then an inmate fed him alive to a gator, police said.” – FL Keys News
- “UCF’s presidential search committee to hold its 1st public meeting.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “College Park in transition as home demos, rebuilds surge.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Publix adds self-checkout scanners at Orlando-area stores.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “No one’s giving your kids weed this Halloween, but Florida police are warning parents anyway.” – Orlando Weekly
- “The best costumes we saw at Parliament House’s Halloween contest, Part 1!” – Orlando Weekly
- “What Baltimore gets right about urban trees.” – Reasons To Be Cheerful
- [PAYWALL] “Orlando Magic expands hotel and office tower planned for S+ED.” – GrowthSpotter
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 10/28: Bungalower Bingo Night at Wally’s (Mills 50)
- Monday 10/28: Foreign Dissent 6 – International Punk Party (Mills 50)
- Tuesday 10/29: Orlando Pre-Pre-Fest 6 (College Park North)
- Tuesday 10/29: Rethinking the City – What Is She Painting (North Quarter)
- Wednesday 10/30: Spooky Halloween Block Party (Hannibal Square)
- Thursday 10/31: Nightmare on Bumby (Milk District)
- Thursday 10/31: Orlando Ballet’s Vampire’s Ball (Downtown)
- Thursday 10/31: Plazaween 19 (Downtown)
- Friday 11/1: GROWvember Fall Plant Sale (Winter Park)
- Friday 11/1: Owl Prowl (Out of Bounds)