This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was recorded at Ollie’s Public House in College Park.
Tell your friends how to get our Top Ten roundup in their inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The Downtown Christmas Parade has been canceled, which, coupled with the cancelation of the Citrus Parade, means we are paradeless this holiday season.
- The folks behind The Hourglass District are trying to save Colonial lanes and they’re turning a car wash into a funky retail strip.
- An apartment building in Mills 50 keeps leaking sewage into Lake Formosa. We think that’s really shitty.
- The Man says we can only water once a week right now. You gonna do what he says?
- Some warehouses on OBT are getting the adaptive reuse treatment and it’s all because of the Packing District.
- Beefy King is back open and busy as hell.
- “The Vegan Hot Dog Cart is looking for someone to sling doggies downtown.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Florida’s citrus industry is fighting for its life.” – Treehugger
- “Is Orlando trying again to get in the baseball game?” – Tampa Bay Times
- “Erika Pulley-Hayes named president and CEO of 90.7 WMFE.” – 90.7 WMFE
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Harry Styles coming to Orlando, August 7.” – Bungalower
- “The Golden Gals are back for the holidays.” – Bungalower
- “101 Ways To Live Sustainably.” – Curbed
- “Why street vendors make cities feel safer.” – Curbed
- “SoDo District getting new mural.” – The Daily City
- “Orlando earns a perfect score on the HRC’s LGBTQ equality index.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Downtown Orlando’s Church Street will become a winter wonderland all December long.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Two Florida women are suing an Orlando strip club for denying them entry without a man.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Free the Floodplains!” – Reasons To Be Cheerful
- “Was a man wearing a ‘Retired Police Officer’ shirt denied entry at Universal Orlando?” – Snopes.com
- “Photos: Bungalower Buddies VIP trip to Bagel Bruno.”
- “Volunteer Spotlight: Get to know Cuplet Fern.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 11/25: A Day To Remember Pop-Up Shop (Mills 50)
- Tuesday 11/26: Glow Yoga (Parramore)
- Tuesday 11/26: Hamburger Mary’s Bingo (Church Street)
- Wednesday 11/27: Thanksgiving Eve Block Party (Church Street)
- Thursday 11/28: Thanksgiving Feast at Alfond (Winter Park)
- Friday 11/29: Folk Yeah // Celebration of Song (Mills 50)
- Friday 11/29: Orlando Critical Mass (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 11/29: Photos With Santa (Parramore)