SPONSORED BY #PICKUPORLANDO: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- We’ve teamed up with the Orlando Economic Partnership to encourage Orlandoans to support local restaurants by ordering curbside. Learn all about how to participate in the #PickupOrlando challenge and how to win a prize by shopping local.
- Orange County’s shelter-in-place order is in effect, not in Orlando North/Seminole though.
- The Orange County Library System has put its book delivery service on hiatus.
- Enzian Theater has launched an on-demand movie streaming service.
- WUCF has launched an at-home learning initiative.
- Payment due dates for property taxes have been extended.
- “Savor Orlando: Food in the time of coronavirus.” – Orlando Magazine
- “Coronavirus stimulus paychecks are on their way. But there may be kinks for some Americans.” – CNBC
- “F.A.Q. on stimulus checks, unemployment, and the Coronavirus Plan.” – The New York Times
- “Universal Orlando extends closure through mid-April.” – Spectrum News 13
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “UCF crowns surprise finalist as president of empty campus.” – Bungalower
- “You can watch Chris Hemsworth work out during the quarantine.” – Bungalower
- “Monster Jam World Finals in Orlando canceled over coronavirus concerns.” – Click Orlando
- “Still no health screenings at Orlando airport for New York-area arrivals after governor’s order.” – Click Orlando
- “Florists build flower installation at Orlando City Hall to lift residents spirits.” – FOX 35
- “Visit Orlando launches ‘Orlando To Go’ campaign on Great American Takeout Day.” – FOX 35
- “Orlando sewers unite to make homemade masks for hospitals. But do they work?” – Orando Sentinel
- “Orlando social media stars engage audiences stuck at home over coronavirus.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Senators renew call to lift ban on gay blood donations amid coronavirus crisis.” – Watermark
- “WATCH: Senior citizens flicker lights in downtown Orlando high-rise to show their support for doctors, nurses.” – WFTV
- [PAYWALL] “Luxury apartment community in College Park sells for $57M.” – GrowthSpotter
- [PAYWALL] “Here’s what’s ahead for Orange County’s proposed transportation tax.” – Orlando Business Journal
eTV GUIDE – STREAMING EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Enzian Theater is letting you stream their feature films for cheap – HERE.
- FOX Sports will air the “Best Orlando Magic” wins – HERE.
- Gatorland is hosting a new web series called “School of Crocs” and it’s epic – HERE.
- Olaf Voice Actor, Josh Gad, is reading books to children every night – HERE.
- Timucua White House is streaming archived concert videos – HERE.