SPONSORED by Orange County Library System: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE.
The second film in our drive-in movie series with Enzian Theater is scheduled for Friday, May 29 at the Guidewell Innovation Center in Lake Nona and we will be screening Back to the Future. Tickets for the first screening are sold-out but stay tuned for news of a possible second late-night screening later this week. The best way to secure a ticket for this series is to subscribe to Enzian’s e-newsletter or to become a Bungalower Buddy member!
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Bunglower has teamed up with Enzian Theater for a series of drive-in movies and they keep selling out! Be sure to become a Bungalower Buddy member to increase your chances.
- The Orange County Library System is shutting down the Herndon Branch. That’s the one in that weird old plaza by the Executive Airport and Baldwin Park.
- You can get a special library card that lets you check out books from the Orange County, Winter Park, and Maitland library systems.
- Artists and creatives eat free every Tuesday at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church care of Feed the Need Florida and 4 Rivers Smokehouse.
- Bungalower has whipped up a special interactive map that lets you get to know the stories behind the tombstones at Orlando’s Greenwood Cemetery.
- Take photos of old things and submit them for a calendar – The Historic Preservation Board wants your stuff.
- Not everyone is social distancing so we thought we’d look into it.
- “NBA says it is looking into resuming play in Orlando.” – Star Tribune
- “MLS outlines plans for 26-team Orlando event.” – Yahoo Sports
- “Orlando has lost more than 179,000 jobs over the past year.” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Winter Park Golf Course reopens to foursomes.” – the32789.com
- “Cool Workshop: Learn how to care for backyard chickens.” – Bungalower
- “New apparel shop, Showroom 11, opening in Audubon Park.” – Bungalower
- “Stay connected with a friendly front yard.” – Bungalower
- “Disney issues blunt disclaimer days before small portion of Orlando resort reopens.” – Hollywood Reporter
- “How cities thrive post-COVID: Building communities people want to live in.” – Medium
- “From camping to dining out: Here’s how the experts rate the risks of 14 summer activities.” – NPR
- “What is the future of cities?” – NPR
- “Beaches near Orlando to enjoy while social distancing.” – Orlando Date Night Guide
- “16 puppies stolen from East Orlando Petland store.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Dovecote Brasserie’s Clay Miller is the new executive chef at the Ravenous Pig.” – Orlando Weekly
- “$100,000 in grants awarded to small black-owned businesses.” – West Orlando News
- “Beautiful two-story Winter Park pool home asking $640,000.”
- “3/2 College Park home with cute porch asking $349,900.”
- “Renovated Condel Gardens home asking $279,000.”
- “Luxury Townhome Highlight: The Olive.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 5/25: Orlando Science Center Wine Fundraiser (Online)
- Monday 5/25: Orlando Music Cares Live (Online)
- Tuesday 5/26: Frida Kahlo for Children (Online)
- Tuesday 5/26: Reclaiming and Documenting a Cultu(re of Elderwomen (Online)
- Tuesday 5/26: Reopening – Taco Tuesday (Winter Park)
- Wednesday 5/27: Return to Flight with Brendan Byrne (90.7 FM)
- Thursday 5/28: Social Distancing and Public Transport (Online)
- Thursday 5/28: Book Club with Philip Pullman (Online)
- Friday 5/29: Drive-in Movie Event – Back to the Future (Lake Nona)