SPONSORED by Novel Lucerne: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- We just rolled out some more street furniture in Ivanhoe Village to help encourage social distancing – sponsored by Interstruct Design Build.
- Dixie Dharma and Valhalla Bakery are taking over the Fort Pitt building on Old Cheney and it’s going to have a vegetarian burger restaurant too.
- The City of Orlando just reopened its public playgrounds and launched a new curbside pickup program for local businesses.
- Orlando Science Center just shared its plans for the new 4Rivers Smokehouse-led cafe that’s all about sustainability and growing local.
- There’s a new beach barbecue-inspired concept moving into the old Fuzzy’s Taco space, spearheaded by the brains behind Tin and Taco.
- Chicken Fire food truck just got a residency at Barley and Vine in the Milk District and Kona Poke is parking one of its trailers at Quantum Leap Winery.
- A new 33-story mixed-use tower has been proposed for the South Eola neighborhood.
- “Orlando Mills 50 bakery ‘Paris Bánh Mì’ sues competitor with a similar name for trademark infringement.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Parliament House owner responds after videos show close quarters, limited masks during drag show.” – WFTV
- “Former site of Dexter’s Restaurant in Thornton Park sells for $1,456,800.” – Transact Orlando
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Jason and Sue Chin announce new restaurant in The Julian Apartments.” – Bungalower
- “Persimmon Hollow Brewing is now open.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando man arrested in connection with massive Twitter hack allowed bond.” – Click Orlando
- “Worker falls to his death from StarFlyer attraction in Orlando.” – Click Orlando
- “Florida parents reportedly smoking weed, drinking during kids’ remote classes.” – FOX 35
- “Orlando club creates social distance pods on dance floor.” – FOX 35
- “SeaWorld laid off nearly 1,900 workers in Orlando.” – Spectrum News 9
- “Orlando woman threatened to kill Congresswoman with sword.” – Spectrum News 13
- “Society Orlando residential development set to be largest in downtown.” – Spectrum News 13
- “Universal Orlando to open two haunted houses this weekend.” – Spectrum News 13
- “Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings says he’s prepared to shut bars down locally if they lead to outbreaks.” – WMFE
- [PAYWALL] “Wave of Florida foreclosures expected to depress Orlando home prices.” – Orlando Business Journal
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 9/21: Atlas Obscura – Supernatural Cats of Japan (Online)
- Monday 9/21: Masterclass – Are You Mad Like The Joker? (Online)
- Monday 9/21: Turkish Coffee Demo and September Meeting (Online)
- Wednesday 9/23: Goat Yoga (Out of Bounds)
- Wednesday 9/23: Motorworks Brewing Soft Opening (Downtown Orlando)
- Thursday 9/24: A Feminist’s Guide To Botany (Online)
- Thursday 9/24: Movie Night – Aladdin (Winter Park)
- Friday 9/25: Scream ‘n’ Stream Drive-Thru Halloween (Kissimmee)
View this post on Instagram
UPDATE – FDOT hates our table and we have to move it. Stay tuned! We are pilot testing some pop-up #streetfurniture in #ivanhoevillage this month and the first piece is out at @thehammeredlamb ! These were sponsored by our amazing friends at @interstruct.design.build who love all things hyper-local even more than we do. They were hand-built by the wizards at @vudoowood at @factur and the signs were donated by the amazing team at @whitesigncompany_llc – if you need any type of sign, give them a call! If you're feeling up to supporting a local bar/restaurant but are too nervous to go inside, consider saddling up at one of these over the coming weeks.