SPONSORED by OCLS: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 was recorded at Shaker’s American Cafe and sponsored by our friends at Janney Roofing, Orange County Library System, and the Council 101’s Festival of Trees and is available HERE in podcast form.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Parliament House Resort has closed but the former owner says he wants to reopen it in downtown Orlando. Do you have a memory of Parliament House that you want to share? Just click the button in this post and record your story – we’ll be featuring them in a special episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” in the near future.
- The City of Orlando is moving forward with its plan for a “projection park” on the corner of Orange Avenue and Robinson Street.
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse isn’t renewing its lease for Orlando City Hall.
- Beach barbecue-inspired venue, Neon Beach, has opened in the former home of Fuzzy’s Taco in downtown Orlando.
- Orlando City Hall allowed for open containers downtown for Halloween, but will they bite the bullet and make it an ongoing policy?
- Our sold-out dinner and a movie event at Ravenous Pig Brewing was a huge success!
- The folks from Sushi and Seoul on the Roll Food Truck have moved into Celery City Craft in Sanford and are selling their tricked-out truck.
- “Crowds come out to downtown Orlando for altered Halloween festivities.” – Click Orlando
- “Get $5 burgers all over Orlando during Burger Week, Nov. 4 through Nov. 18.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Cold front to drop temperatures into the 40s, 50s in Central Florida.” – FOX 35
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “New treasure hunt company launches with $20,000 prize package.” – Bungalower
- “Polasek Museum celebrating 50-year mark of cutting Capen House in twain.” – Bungalower
- “The Pandemic Kick-Started an Urban Motorcycle Boom. Are Cities Ready?” – Bloomberg CityLab
- “The pandemic pushed cars out of Edinburgh. Here’s how it’s going.” – National Geographic
- “OSC’s long-awaited Pompeii exhibit is impressive – and leads us to wonder what our own legacy will be.” – Orlando Weekly
- [PAYWALL] “Piedmont to begin downtown office tower redevelopment ‘immediately’” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “Central Florida 100: Make your vote count.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “4/4 Colonialtown North home asking $709,999.”
- “3/2 Bungalow in Colonialtown South asking $599,000.”
- “4/2 College Park home asking $500,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 11/3: Robert Reevy – Revival Exhibition Launch (Winter Park)
- Tuesday 11/3: Taffy’s Bungalower Bingo (Downtown)
- Wednesday 11/4: Orlando City SC vs. Columbus Crew SC (Parramore)
- Thursday 11/5: 1st Thursdays – Architecture and Placemaking (Ivanhoe Village)
- Thursday 11/5: Front Porch Concert – Oak Hill Drifters (Milk District)
- Thursday 11/5: Visual Arts Workshop – Vernacular Typography (ONLINE)
- Friday 11/6: Enzian Presents Mad Max at Ace Cafe (Downtown)
View this post on Instagram
We had so much fun last light at our Dinner and a Movie event with @theravenouspigbrewingco in their fancy new beer garden! Thank you to everyone who came out and to the @theravenouspig crew for being such amazing hosts. Thank you to @motion.flix for screening the movie (they do pop-up parties in private backyards) and to @enziantheater for securing the film rights for us! Our tasty "Klingonberry Blood Ale" is still available and $1 of every pour will go into a special fund for us to use on a community art project. Stay tuned for more events in the near future! And as always, Bungalower Buddy members will get first dibs on tickets for all of our events. Join today at bungalower.com/support-us and support our hyper-local newsroom!