This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus”on Real Radio 104.1 was recorded at Lobos Coffee Roasters in Audubon Park. Click HERE to listen or catch up on one of your favorite podcast platforms.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The restaurant group behind Bento is leaning into the whole virtual kitchen concept and working on a food hub in Colonialtown to house a smorgasbord of in-house brands like the recently launched Doshibox.
- We did a round-up of the restaurants we lost last year.
- The uber-popular Dinosaur Invasion exhibit is coming back to Leu Gardens this month with 20 life-sized dinosaur sculptures to Parosaurolophus-face in front of.
- We’ve had a glut of lake closures over by AdventHealth including Lake Rowena, Lake Estelle, Lake Formosa, and Lake Highland.
- A new Hawaiian shaved ice concept is opening in Downtown South.
- We made an interactive map of local vintage and thrift shops for you.
- Curious about what people can legally make from home under the Florida Cottage Food Law? We looked into it for you. The short answer is “not much.”
- “AdventHealth CEO Daryl Tol tenders ‘unanticipated’ resignation on Wednesday.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando Pride’s Toni Pressley and Marta announce engagement.” – Watermark
- “Orlando food hall in the works on busy downtown corner.” – The Daily City
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “City District Main Street launches community survey.” – Bungalower
- “Creative City Project moves on from Dazzling Nights to Alice in Wonderland.” – Bungalower
- “Local burlesque superstar Tush twerks it out in new Kurt Rambus video.” – Bungalower
- “Orange County’s COVID-19 Eviction Diversion Program extended through January.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando Shakes to stage a Valentine’s Day cabaret in their new outdoors space.” – Orlando Weekly
- [PAYWALL] “Developer Craig Ustler: These are the 5 goals for Creative Village in 2021.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “22 Publix pharmacies north and west of Orlando to begin offering COVID-19 shots.” – Orlando Sentinel
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 1/12: Drive-In Movie – Gather (Audubon Park)
- Tuesday 1/12: Taffy’s Bungalower Bingo (Downtown)
- Wednesday 1/13: Great Murals of New York City Webinar (ONLINE)
- Thursday 1/14: Front Porch Series – Brown Bag Brass Band (Milk District)
- Thursday 1/14: Popfocn Flicks – Thunderball (Winter Park)
- Thursday 1/14: Virtual Lecture – Aphrodite and the Lure of Antiquity (ONLINE)
- Friday 1/15: Renninger’s Antiques and Collectors Extravaganza (Out of Bounds)