This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 was recorded at the Hourglass Social House while enjoying tasty noodles prepared by Orlando Meats and Le Ky Patisserie. Click HERE to listen or catch up on one of your favorite podcast platforms or just click play on the button below.
And be sure to click HERE to read the digital version of our latest issue of the Bungalower ‘Zine.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Mayhem on Mills, the amazing/crazy pop-up pro-wrestling series, is back at our event space, Carlotta’s Culture Park, on April 18th for their second 2nd Anniversary show. Tickets are going to sell fast so get them while you can.
- The City of Orlando is giving out free trees to help lower your energy bills.
- The Frontyard Festival at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts could be extended through the end of the year if they get the money they’re asking for from the City.
- Get to know the heart and brain behind Pizza Bruno, Bruno Zacchini, in our latest 11 Questions feature by photographer Brian Carlson.
- The Bear and Peacock brewstillery is moving out of Winter Park and into Parramore for a new brewery/food truck park project by the Exploria Stadium.
- Lake Baldwin may soon be designated as a Fish Management Area which means it’ll be cleaned up using state dollars.
- Lake Nona is getting a semi-pro soccer team.
- We made an interactive map of tea shops in the Orlando area. Because we like you.
- “Florida Senate approves bill to make to-go alcohol legal post-pandemic.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Dozens in Central Florida contract COVID-19 after being fully vaccinated.” – Click Orlando
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Cool Job Alert: Chief Curator at Orange County Regional History Center.” – Bungalower
- “Cool Job Alert: Guest Services Manager at Dr. Phillips Center.” – Bungalower
- “New coffee shop opening near Rollins College.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando Brewing celebrating 15 Year Anniversary.” – Bungalower
- “Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando acquires world’s longest fingernails.” – Click Orlando
- “Florida sues federal government over coronavirus cruise restrictions.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Support the next generation of women in museums and archives by donating to the History Center’s ‘HERstory’ internship fund.” – Orlando Weekly
- “2/2 Bungalow by Urban Wetlands asking $420,000.”
- “Cute 2/2 Lake Pinelock home asking $345,000.”
- “2/2 Hannibal Square home asking $300,000.”
- “A Brooklyn building is screeching, we asked an acoustician why.” – Curbed
- “Remote work is here to stay. Manhattan may never be the same.” – The New York Times
- “New toolkit helps communities address trauma to shape their own neighborhoods.” – Next City
- “How the pandemic pummeled the world’s most famous shopping streets.” – Quartz
- “Remote work is overrated. America’s supercities are coming back.” – Vox
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 4/13: A&H Campus Tour-a-thon (ONLINE)
- Tuesday 4/13: Supernatural Cats of Japan (ONLINE)
- Tuesday 4/13: Taffy’s Bungalower Bingo at Persimmon Hollow Brewing (Downtown)
- Wednesday 4/14: Orlando Pride vs. Sky Blue FC (Parramore)
- Thursday 4/15: Orlando Ballet presents Peter Pan (Downtown)
- Friday 4/16: The Art of Jon Napoles (Mills 50)