SPONSORED by Taste! Central Florida on September 8: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 81st episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE. Be sure to tune in to FOX 35 every Monday morning at 9:30 a.m. to hear our editor on Good Day Extra talking about the week’s top headlines.
PS – THANKS FOR VOTING US “BEST LOCAL INSTAGRAM FEED”
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Wally’s has closed.
- Lowe’s is closing all of their Orchard Supply Hardware stores, yes, even the one that’s being built at Fashion Square Mall.
- Get the 411 on what the new owners of Ferg’s Depot have planned for the historic Church Street Station building.
- Truck Stop Restaurant in Thornton Park has closed, but don’t worry, a number of restaurateurs have already expressed interest in moving in.
- Enzian is hosting a Cat Video Festival on September 2 and we all obviously need to go.
- A mixed-use development is coming to the last vacant downtown parcel in Baldwin Park.
- Have you been to The Person Cave yet? It’s literally someone’s garage in Colonialtown North but they’ve been hosting some killer comedy shows and concerts.
- “Magical Dining Month kicks off at Orlando-area restaurants.” – Click Orlando
- “The best things to do in Orlando when someone visits.” – Thrillist
- “Former air marshals claim Orlando supervisor made them target black passengers.” – WFTV
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Guide to downtown Orlando music venues.” – WFTV
- “What firefighters thought was sinkhole near downtown Orlando might be abandoned well.” – WFTV
- “Wells Fargo gives layoff notices to 137 in Orlando, 638 nationwide.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Visit Orlando forges deal with popular travel site TripAdvisor.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Our City: Former Players Planting Roots Only Helps Orlando in the Long Run.” – The Mane Land
- “Orlando breaks record for hotel rooms for 3rd straight month.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Welcome to the Best of Orlando 2018.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando unions reach agreement with Disney for $15 by 2021.” – Orlando Weekly
- “YourPie has closed in Skyhouse.” – Bungalower
- “Eyes on the Street: Bar Louie opening in Winter Park Village.” – Bungalower
- “Bem Bom finally opening Audubon Park restaurant.” – Bungalower
- “New burger spot to open in Downtown Orlando.” – Bungalower
- [PAYWALL] Family owners behind one of Park Avenue’s oldest retail properties look to divest“.” – GrowthSpotter
- Our pal Jon Busdeker is hosting a Field Trip event to Nikki’s Place Southern Cuisine in Parramore on September 20. Get your ticket while you can!
- Don’t miss our latest Inhabit column and home tour with local art collector Audrey Lentz.
FEATURED REAL ESTATE:
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 8/27: Big Gay BINGO featuring Pepe (Mills 50)
- Tuesday 8/28: Recycle More, Spend Less Workshop (Mills 50)
- Tuesday 8/28: Pitch Night at StarterStudio Downtown (Church Street)
- Tuesday 8/28: Majora Carter – Home(Town) Security (Winter Park)
- Thursday 8/30: The Greenery Creamery x Orlandough (South Eola)
- Friday 8/31: Orlando Critical Mass (Ivanhoe Village)