SPONSORED BY CENTRAL FLORIDA COMMISSION ON HOMELESSNESS: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 100th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE, recorded at Grill’s Lakeside Seafood Deck and Tiki Bar.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- StoryCorps is in town recording the stories of local Orlandoans at the Orlando Museum of Art until February 6.
- The new Robinson Cocktail Room is now open, adding to Team Market Group’s collection of heavily curated Downtown venues that already include Mather’s and Celine Orlando.
- We’ve got another Rental Roundup of homes you can rent for under $1,500 a month in Orlando’s downtown “bungalow” neighborhoods. It’s getting tough!
- John Grisham topped Orange County Library checkouts for 2018 which makes us worry about the literacy level in The City Beautiful.
- You asked, so we looked into it; the reason why the Jack Kazanzas star wasn’t totally lit up for the holidays is that they’re fixing it in stages.
- The “Jesus Never Fails” church in Thornton Park/Lawsona has moved out, and taken their infamous neon sign with them.
- “Tribune Publishing continues investigation of malware attack as some processes still affected.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Jeff Radcliffe Won’t Be Back as Voice of Orlando City in 2019.” – The Mane Land
- “Wild monkeys with herpes in Central Florida: Population on the verge of doubling.” – WFTV9
- “Here’s what’s coming to the Orlando area in 2019.” – ClickOrlando.com
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Where I stand, what I believe: A disclosure for 2019.” – Scott Maxwell, Orlando Sentinel
- “Crack-riddled Interstate 4 pier set to open for traffic as part of new on-ramp.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Brightline to start building rail from South Florida to Orlando in March while it rebrands as Virgin Trains.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Burger Week, featuring $5 specialty burgers from over 30 local restaurants, is coming to Orlando.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando Magic expected to operate with little cap room.” – Orlando Magic Daily
- “Fun runs coming to Orlando in 2019.” – News 96.5 WDBO
- “New bar opens up in back alley venue in Downtown.” – Bungalower
- “New Mexican restaurant now open in South Eola.” – Bungalower
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 1/8: Creature Feature Glam Monster Mash (Parramore)
- Tuesday 1/8: Cult Classics – Gremlins (Out of Bounds)
- Wednesday 1/9: Meet the Director – Open House (Milk District)
- Wednesday 1/9: The Big Lebowski screening at Dirty Laundry (Mills 50)
- Thursday 1/10: Lime Bikes in Orlando (Out of Bounds)
- Thursday 1/10: Clear Water, Clean Water – Exploring the Floridan Aquifer (Audubon Park)
- Thursday 1/10: Muttnik at Orlando Fringe Winter Mini-Fest (Ivanhoe Village)
- Thursday 1/10: Frogpig at Orlando Fringe Winter Mini-Fest (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 1/11: Park Ave Magazine Issue Release Party (Winter Park)
- Friday 1/11: Billy Joel (Parramore)
- Friday 1/11: 1998 – A Two Night Event At Will’s Pub (Mills 50)
- Friday 1/11: Bob the Drag Queen (Milk District)