SPONSORED by the Orange County Library System: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 121st episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Both the Orchid Garden and Church Street Ballroom will close this November to be prepped for “redevelopment.”
- Uber has scrubbed the launch of JUMP Bike Share in Orlando.
- The long-awaited Lucky’s Market in Colonial Landing will open in mid-June.
- The new Guesthouse sister space has a name and a soft-open date.
- Enzian Theater is screening a documentary called “Hail Satan?” that’s all about religious freedom.
- Orlando City Hall just launched a food waste collection program for people who can’t compost at home.
- College Park is getting a new Italian restaurant. Because, College Park.
- “The Interstate Is Crumbling. Try Fixing the Section Used by 200,000 Vehicles a Day.” – Wall Street Journal
- “Ariana Grande postpones this week’s Orlando and Tampa concerts.” – Orlando Weekly
- “President Donald Trump to announce second-term run at rally in Orlando.” – Tallahassee Democrat
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Building Local Strength: Emerging strategies for inclusive development.” – Congress for New Urbanism
- “Orlando Melbourne airport to judge: We can legally use ‘Orlando’ in our name, so toss this lawsuit.” – Florida Today
- “Siemens USA CEO: Here’s what Orlando has that other markets don’t.” – Orlando Venture Sourcing
- “Flying Horse Studio settles into its new space in the UCF downtown campus.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Get ready for a movie about accused baby-killer Casey Anthony.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando Bike Cop Smoothes Kids’ Bumpy Ride Through Life.” – Spectrum News 13
- “Orlando remembers 3-year mark of Pulse tragedy this June.” – Watermark
- “Hundreds march to Orlando City Hall over abortion access.” – WFTV 9
- [PAYWALL] “Orange County school impact fees are slated to rise, but rental towers may be given a pass.” – GrowthSpotter
- “House of the Week: Two-story Casselberry pool home asking $329,000.”
- “Cozy 2/1 near Packing District asking $219,000.”
- “Milk District hosting inaugural neighborhood crawl.”
- “Cool Job Alert: Tech Reporter at Orlando Business Journal.”
- “Sit Down: Michael Perkins, Executive Director of Orange County Regional History Center.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 6/4: Creating Wildlife Habitat in Urban Areas (Out of Bounds)
- Tuesday 6/4: Groundbreaking – Lake Lorna Doone (West Orlando)
- Tuesday 6/4: Plant-based Comfort Food Pop-up (Mills 50)
- Wednesday 6/5: Alleys as Public Spaces Meeting (Audubon Park)
- Wednesday 6/5: Wine, Wisdom, Words presents Gary Shteyngart (Mills 50)
- Thursday 6/6: Half Shells and Half Pints Happy Hour (Ivanhoe Village)
- Thursday 6/6: Sound Performance at Timucua (SODO)
- Friday 6/7: The Paintings of Firelei Baez (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 6/7: Purple Reign – A Lil’ Prince Party (Mills 50)
- Friday 6/7: Movie Night at Leu – The Quiet Place (Audubon Park)