This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. It was recorded at the newly-renovated Wally’s Mills Avenue Liquor in Mills 50 ahead of our Bungalower Bingo event which is happening TONIGHT at 7 p.m. Come play with us!
Tell your friends how to get our Top Ten roundup in their inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Everyone’s watching the Orlando International Airport (or should be) after some big stories out of WMFE and Orlando Sentinel.
- Check out these plans for the second Lincoln tower on Church Street.
- A new brewery is moving into the Orange County Brewers space already and they’re from Bradenton.
- New plans for the second phase of The Yard at Ivanhoe were revealed last week for that lot where The Venue currently sits – across from Hideaway.
- Orlando residents can take this survey to tell the Parks Department what they should do to make our public spaces even better.
- We got our paws on some plans that were submitted for a new 17-story mixed-use tower in Parramore that you should see.
- Tori Tori is opening in Mills 50 very soon and we got to check it out.
- “More details revealed on Winter Park opening of Dexter’s New Standard.” – Orlando Weekly
- “King Diamond and all the other can’t-miss concerts coming to Orlando this fall.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Keep those hurricane supplies around a little longer.” – 90.7 WMFE
TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT! COME PLAY BINGO AT WALLY’S MILLS AVENUE LIQUORS WITH US AND WIN SOME PRIZES!
OUR FRIENDS FROM SMOKE AND DONUTS WILL BE THERE!
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Dance Club 921 bringing pop-up dance parties to Orlando.” – Bungalower
- “New photo studio event space hybrid opening in Parramore.” – Bungalower
- “Former College Park gas station under contract.” – The Daily City
- “Taglish Filipino-American Eatery coming to Lotte Market.” – The Daily City
- “Built by friends and embraced by the community, Blue Star’s Venue closes its doors.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “First Amendment group asks state attorney to investigate if airport board broke Sunshine Laws.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Hurricane Dorian and the decision to drop Orlando Sentinel paywall.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Uncomfortable Brunch finds new digs at the Enzian with Michael Haneke’s brutal ‘Funny Games.’” – Orlando Weekly
- “VarieTease closes out their run at the Venue with a one-night-only double feature.”- Orlando Weekly
- [PAYWALL] “Opportunity Zones in Central Florida: A game of know-how and what-ifs.” – GrowthSpotter
- “Orange County Public Library’s September Great Reads book selections.”
- “Public Meeting Alert: Update on OUC substation in Ivanhoe Village.”
- “Lawyer from ‘Making A Murderer’ coming to Downtown Library.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 9/9: Bungalower Bingo Night at Wally’s (Mills 50)
- Tuesday 9/10: CI Group Grand Opening (Downtown)
- Tuesday 9/10: VarieTEASE Spellbound (Ivanhoe)
- Tuesday 9/10: Lizzo – Cuz I Love You Too Tour (Out of Bounds)
- Wednesday 9/11: Jenny Lewis at The Beacham (Downtown)
- Thursday 9/12: Park of Americas Community Cleanup (East Orlando)
- Thursday 9/12: Popcorn Flicks in the Park – Singin’ in the Rain (Winter Park)
- Friday 9/13: End of Summer Party – FL Breweries Takeover (Downtown)
- Friday 9/13: Illusion of Justice – An Evening with Jerome Buting (Downtown)
- Friday 9/13: Overchuck Law Firm’s City Skip Day 12 (Wall Street)
- Friday 9/13: The Stardust Ball (Maitland)