SPONSORED: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was sponsored by Opendoor.com.
DON’T FORGET THAT WE’RE HOSTING BUNGALOWER BINGO EVERY MONDAY THIS MONTH AT WALLY’S IN MILLS 50.
THE FUN BEGINS AT 7 P.M. AND IT’S FREE!
Tell your friends how to get our Top Ten roundup in their inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- You can officially rent out a shelter puppy for the afternoon and we are all about it. If you do it, tag us on your ‘Gram.
- The new Japanese Whiskey concept by DOMU, Tori Tori, is finally open in the Mills 50 District.
- There’s a new bar open in the Milk District and it’s called The District Dive.
- We got our hands on some early renderings of that new Church Street food hall and it’s gonna look really pretty.
- “Coyotes are colonizing cities. Step forward the urban hunter.” – The New York Times
- “Florida woman looking for cigarettes causes disturbance that leads to Disney World ban, criminal charges.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “NASA’s Hubble finds water vapor on habitable-zone exoplanet for 1st time.” – NASA
- “Galeria Restaurant Coming to Baldwin Park in Former Manny’s Steakhouse Spot.” – The Daily City
- “The Rescue Mission’s iconic cross near downtown Orlando has survived several hurricanes. But will it survive a move?” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Dr. Phillips Center reveals new rental rates — with discounts for all local nonprofits.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Mexican hotdog cart launching this Friday.” – Bungalower
- “City’s alcoholism rebranded as culture.” – The Onion
- “Exclusive: Major League Wrestling returns to Orlando Nov. 9.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Former Orlando firefighter accused of recording Commissioner Regina Hill gets pretrial diversion.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Last Podcast on the Left leaves for Orlando.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “These are the 10 most popular tech jobs in Orlando.” – Orlando Venture Sourcing
- “Baseball great Barry Larkin takes another sing at selling Orlando mansion.” – The Wall Street Journal
- “Florida construction worker struck by 7,000-pound pipe in downtown Orlando.” – WSB-TV Atlanta
- “Cute modern College Park Home wants $284,900.”
- “Stunning 3/2 with rental unit asking $689,000.”
- “Winter Park home with Mark of The Beast address wants under $300,000.”
- “Historic and artsy 1936 bungalow asking $245,000.”
- “Grant Alert: United Arts releases mini-grants recipients for Fall 2019.”
- “New exhibit focuses on Florida’s ‘Accidental Historians.'”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 9/16-22: Global Peace Film Festival (Various locations)
- Monday 9/16: Bungalower Bingo Night at Wally’s (Mills 50)
- Monday 9/16: Transportation Town Hall – District 3 (Our of Bounds)
- Monday 9/16: Be Valiente Challenge (North Quarter)
- Tuesday 9/17: Macbeth Studio Sale (Downtown)
- Friday 9/20: Evening Exchange at East End Market (Audubon Park)
- Friday 9/20: The Milky Way (The Milk District)
- Friday 9/20: 2019 Parking Day (College Park)
- Friday 9/20-22: Fall Book Sale (Downtown)