SPONSORED by the Orange County Library System: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was recorded at Wall Crawl Orlando and Broken Strings Brewery.
Tell your friends how to get our Top Ten roundup in their inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Get a birds-eye view of the changes coming to the I-4 Ultimate corridor.
- Forget White Castle, we have a new food hall opening on Old Cheney in a historic, castle-shaped building with vegan food.
- A former paint shop is becoming a Domino’s Pizza and our Facebook followers got mad at us for calling it a “pizzeria.”
- There’s a new bakery opening in South Eola and they even make their own flour on-site.
- Amazon is hosting a hot air balloon party on December 13.
- Our latest Rental Roundup has 9 homes available for under $1,500 a month.
- “Florida to deputize prison guards as ICE agents to find undocumented immigrants.” – Orlando Weekly
- “WFTV: Jorge Estevez leaving for Atlanta.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “The Vegan Hot Dog Cart is looking for someone to sling doggies downtown.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Amtrak announces ‘Track Friday’ sale, offering cheap train rides across the country.” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Jack Kazanzas Star Installation in Downtown Orlando Marks Start of Holiday Season.” – The Daily City
- “Another MLB Team In Florida? Orlando Must Be Dreaming.” – Forbes
- “A balloon boutique, lamp shop and flag emporium: How do these Orlando landmarks stay in business?” – Orlando Sentinel
- “A major international airline announced it will move all flights to ‘Orlando’ Melbourne International Airport.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando’s best low-key patios, and how to find them all.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando ramen OG Sapporo will say sayonara in December.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Elton John coming back to Florida in 2020 and tickets are now on sale.” – Watermark
- [PAYWALL] “Winter Park’s largest overlay district aims to steer major growth along stretch of Orange Avenue.” – GrowthSpotter
- “New-build modern home asking $320,000.”
- “1950s home with fun address wants $350,000.”
- “New-build in Mills 50 asking $699,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 12/2: Fire Department Change of Command (Downtown)
- Monday 12/2: Marc With A C Anniversary Show (Mills 50)
- Tuesday 12/3: Parking Study Community Open House (Ivanhoe Village)
- Tuesday 12/3: Glow Yoga (Parramore)
- Thursday 12/5: Christmas in the Park (Winter Park)
- Thursday 12/5: Nick Offerman (Out of Bounds)
- Friday 12/6: An Evening With Richard Munster (Maitland)
- Friday 12/6: Crealde Holiday Art Stroll (Winter Park)
- Friday 12/6: OCLS x StoryCorps Listening Party (Downtown)
- Friday 12/6: Tree Lighting Celebration (Downtown)