SPONSORED: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was recorded at The Stubborn Mule in South Eola.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Check out our Top Ten Most-Read Posts of 2019.
- Ashlyn Harris and Ali Krieger just got married in Miami and we have the wedding video.
- With all of the construction coming to western College Park and the Fairvilla/Lake Fairview area, it’s no surprise that the City of Orlando is investing in some major updates at Trotters and Lake Fairview parks.
- GAP, Inc. will close its Park Ave location in Winter Park later this month and the lease opens up in February.
- A new ice cream shop/deli is ramping up to open in The Veranda in Thornton Park and it’s named after a former Orlando mayor.
- Shaka Donuts is finally open in the SoDo District.
- This church property is for sale in The Milk District and it’s probably going to be made into condos.
- “Orlando-area mosque prioritizes security as violence in places of worship grows.” – Spectrum News 13
- “ORLANDO CITY SCUSWNT stars Ashlyn Harris, Ali Krieger get married.” – ProSoccer USA
- “Mansplaining convention coming to Orlando promises to ‘Make Women Great Again‘” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “A housing solution success story: Nonprofits buy buildings to prevent displacement.” – CBS San Francisco
- “Woman dies after falling off I-4 overpass in Orlando.” – Click Orlando
- “A manifesto for a new suburbia: Eight ideas for future-proofing the suburbs.” – Curbed
- “‘This is not cool!’ – Astronomers despair as SpaceX Starlink Train ruins observation of nearby galaxies.” – Forbes
- “Homelessness is not inevitable and can be solved – these cities show us how.” – The Guardian
- “A project salvages and installs no-cost payphones to revive a fading technology.” – Hyperallergic
- “Orlando Health acquires local orthopedic firm, to build $250 million downtown hospital.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “A culinary map of Park Avenue eats.” – Orlando Date Night Guide
- “The best restaurant in America’s 40 biggest airports.” – Thrillist
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 1/7: Final Punk on the Patio (Downtown)
- Tuesday 1/7: Swan Lake Live (Downtown)
- Tuesday 1/7: Talk Trash and How To Achieve Zero Waste (Eola Heights)
- Wednesday 1/8: Short Attention Span Storytelling Hour (Audubon Park)
- Thursday 1/9: Nerd Nite Orlando – Space Nite 2020 (Downtown)
- Thursday 1/9: Orlando Fringe Winter Mini-Fest (Ivanhoe Village)
- Thursday 1/9: Roaring 20’s Body Art Show (Mills 50)
- Friday 1/10: Bartering and Beer (Milk District)
- Friday 1/10: Lunch and Learn: Swanlando (Downtown)