SPONSORED BY IVANHOE VILLAGE: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was recorded at Antonio’s Trattoria and Wine Bar in Winter Park which is under new management/ownership with guest host Dr. David Sutton from Dapper Dental.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Orlando Magic is looking to buy more land in Parramore for a planned training complex.
- Mochi Dochi and Royal Tea are teaming up for a new East End Market storefront that serves donuts with super-fancy teas.
- Orlando Storm, the only pro tennis team in Florida, just announced its 2020 schedule.
- You can get a special tattoo and save a kitty at this special “Cattoo Day” event.
- We accidentally called them “Vulture” but “Vuture” is a California-based vegan pop-up that is blowing up the social feeds out west and they’re coming to Orlando next month.
- VIDEO – Were you at the Dragon Parade in Mills 50?
- The City of Winter Park just dropped a list of proposed charter amendments for the 20202 Election. We’ve got them for you but they’re super boring.
- “Orlando police boost starting pay in recruitment effort.” – Click Orlando
- “Winter Park aims to close deal on longtime effort to buy post office.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Snake orgy in Lakeland closes portion of city park.” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “These are America’s 7 Most Beautiful Gas Station Conversions.” – Architectural Digest
- “Sit Down: Donna Dowless, Orlando’s Ambassador of Love.” – Bungalower
- “Hate stadium parking and game day traffic? An Idea.” – CityLab
- “Orlando receives $2.7 million+ to help fight terrorism.” – Click Orlando
- “Super Bowl fans ditch their cars and walk to the stadium in Miami amid traffic jams.” – DailyMail.com
- “Common Core no more: Florida officially drops controversial academic standards.” – Local10.com
- “Florida lawmakers look to nix local regulations of Airbnb rentals.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “‘Masked Singer Live’ comes to the Dr. Phillips Center in June.” – Orlando Weekly
- “In Singapore, housing is affordable, diverse, and impeccably maintained.” – Reasons To Be Cheerful
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 2/18: Preseason: Orlando City vs. Reykjavik (Parramore)
- Wednesday 2/19: Cinnabar – Fantastic Mr. Fox (Mills 50)
- Wednesday 2/19: Neighborhood Planning – Goldenrod Area (Winter Park)
- Thursday 2/20: Return of the Drunk Spelling Bee (Thornton Park)
- Thursday 2/20: Translocating Florida Scrub Jays (Audubon Park)
- Friday 2/21: Evening Exchange at East End (Audubon Park)
- Friday 2/21: Orlando Magic vs. Dallas Mavericks (Parramore)
- Friday 2/21: Pardi Gras at the Pit (SoDo)