SPONSORED: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 was recorded at Aardvark Beverages and sponsored by our new friends at Janney Roofing, Orange County Library System, and WUCF’s Fun Run and is available HERE in podcast form.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The City of Orlando just launched a new initiative that will police the police department.
- The new Holocaust Center in Ivanhoe Village will have ties with a foundation started by award-winning filmmaker Stephen Spielberg.
- Ivanhoe Park Brewing is hosting a week-long anniversary party that kicks off tonight with an Oktoberfest party. Our editor will be there judging the stein-holding contest.
- There’s a new lamp-filled drinking venue open in downtown Orlando.
- There’s a new coffee shop opening in Mills 50 and it’s not a Starbucks.
- People with the first or last name “Orlando” can fly with Frontier Airlines for free-ish. Now we’re waiting for Orlando Bloom to show up.
- “Lockheed Martin’s Orlando facility accused of mishandling toxic chemicals in class action lawsuit.” – Click Orlando
- “Taglish empire expanding with new concept, partnership, second location.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “President Trump tests positive for coronavirus, cancels Sanford rally.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Gov. DeSantis says closing Florida schools in spring was a mistake.” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Cool Job Alert: Digital Marketing Manager at Growing Bolder.” – Bungalower
- “Great Reads: Orange County Public Library’s October book selections.” – Bungalower
- “Orange County toughening parking enforcement.” – Bungalower
- “Pompeii exhibit finally opening at Science Center.” – Bungalower
- “The Plaza LIVE will offer outdoor concerts, smaller shows.” – Click Orlando
- “Ivanka Trump visited Orlando on Wednesday, talked with voters.” – Fox 35
- “Best of October: Our favorite date night events in Orlando.” – Orlando Date Night Guide
- “He was laid off due to the pandemic, but this Halloween Horror Nights designer has a new Forum of Fear.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Renowned Central Florida chef Josh Oakley leaving 1921 Mount Dora for the Monroe.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Universal to Close Volcano Bay for 4 Months; Some Workers to be Put on Leave.” – Spectrum News 13
- [PAYWALL] “Orlando to consider rent subsidy program for some downtown businesses.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “Orlando Utilities Commission to build downtown vehicle charging area.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “DeSantis lets eviction moratorium expire, saying it’s no longer needed after CDC issued freeze.” – Orlando Sentinel
- [PAYWALL] “Walt Disney Co. is laying off 28,000 U.S. employees.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “3/2 Hourglass District home asking $399,000.”
- “Beautiful College Park estate asking $924,900.”
- “3/3 College Park home in Lake Adair asking $449,900.”
- “3/2 Home in Lake Eola Heights asking $339,000.”
- “Gorgeous 4/3 Craftsman in Thornton Park asking $635,000.”
- “Video Tour: Novel Lucerne Apartments.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 10/5: Return to Joyland 2020 Weeklong Event (Ivanhoe Village)
- Monday 10/5: Reimagining Streets As Places (Online)
- Tuesday 10/6: Controversial Public Art in NYC (Online)
- Tuesday 10/6: How The Occult Shaped Progressive Politics (Online)
- Tuesday 10/6: Meet The Authors – Raven Leilani and Sarah Gerard (Online)
- Wednesday 10/7: Bulla Gastrobar 4-Year Anniversary Party (Winter Park)
- Wednesday 10/7: Orlando Story Club – Escape (Downtown)
- Thursday 10/8: Popcorn Flicks – Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man (Winter Park)
- Friday 10/9: Glow After Dark (Lake Nona)
View this post on Instagram
Ivanhoe Park Brewing (@ivanhoeparkbrew) is a champion of Orlando’s craft beer scene. They begin a week-long anniversary celebration tomorrow. If you are looking for something cool to do, you should stop by and help celebrate. #nopromo ——————————————— Schedule of events below: Monday: October 5th: Half-Toberfest Can Release and Oktoberfest Festivities with @orlandobungalower stein holding competition. Tuesday: October 6th: Barrel Aged Stout Release Wednesday: October 7th: Viking Sunrise Can Release Thursday: October 8th: Tiers For Years 2 Can Release Friday: October 9th: Return to Joyland 2020 Triple IPA Can Release and National Pizza and Beer day with @flipperspizzeria Saturday: October 10th: All Beer Releases Available and special kegs tapped throughout the day Sunday: October 11th: Hangover Brunch with @pigfloyds