This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Click HERE to listen to the latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 which was recorded at Reyes Mezcaleria during the recent James Beard Foundation Taste America event and features an interview with the peeps at the Heroes Hope Network.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The City of Orlando has terminated Mad Cow Theatre’s lease on Church Street. They have yet to make a public statement concerning how losing their space will influence their upcoming productions.
- The Michelin Guide is coming to Orlando care of the folks at Visit Florida.
- The 35th Annual Festival of Trees returns to Orlando Museum of Art next week with two weeks of special events, gingerbread, and more.
- Ivanhoe Park Brewing Company is releasing a special beer in honor of Orange County Library System and a massive donation of books that launched the whole organization.
- A former Mills 50 laundry building is being converted into a food concept by the crew at Team Market Group.
- Cows ‘n Cabs is back on November 13.
- Cleo’s Lounge in downtown Orlando has sold to new owners who will be operating it as-is for the next few months before inevitably transforming it into a new concept.
- “Florida could get billions for infrastructure. Here’s where it could go.” – South Florida Sun Sentinel
- “Incumbents reign supreme in Central Florida municipal elections including in Orlando, Oviedo races.” – 90.7 WMFE
- “Universal Orlando sees most profitable quarter ever amid pandemic.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “COVID booster shots are now available at the Orlando International Airport.” – 90.7 WMFE
- “Former Mayor Leary launches new podcast.” – the32789
- “Environmental Working Group releases scorecard on Florida tapwater systems.” – Bungalower
- “Farris and Foster’s closes Baldwin Park shop.” – Bungalower
- “Local org hosting after-party for Veteran’s Day Parade.” – Bungalower
- “Lombardi’s Seafood closes cafe space.” – Bungalower
- “Spoleto rises from the dead as a ghost kitchen.” – Bungalower
- “4 injured in an overnight shooting in downtown Orlando during an unusually violent weekend.” – CNN
- “Choose your own Orlando Food Tour Adventure.” – Lemonhearted
- “Skip the Cooking: Restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner.” – Orlando Date Night Guide
- “Again facing prison crisis, Florida remains ‘white whale’ for criminal justice reformers.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “‘We don’t have the generational wealth.’ Black farmers left behind in Florida’s medical marijuana boom.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Orlando-based company provides salads ‘automatic for the people’ via vending machine.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Where did all the public bathrooms go?” – Bloomberg CityLab
- “What does the Build Back Better Framework mean for BIPOC communities?” – Brookings
- “Here’s what happens when residents buy their neighborhood.” – Next City
- “Chicago tour highlights ugly architecture.” – Planetizen
- “Multi-use cemeteries: A place for the living in the land of the dead.” – Project for Public Spaces
- “COVID expanded the boundaries of personal space – maybe for good.” – Scientific American
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 11/8: Central 28 Takes Over The Aardvark (SoDo)
- Tuesday 11/9: The In-Between Series Presents Leya (Downtown)
- Wednesday 11/10: Captain Albertson Ale Release (Ivanhoe Village)
- Wednesday 11/10: Lip Sync For Lungs Battle IV (Downtown)
- Friday 11/12: A La Cart 3rd Anniversary (Milk District)
- Friday 11/12: A Night With Papa Llama and Friends (Curry Ford West)
- Friday 11/12: EDC Orlando 2021 (Parramore)
- Friday 11/12: McRae Fall Open House (Parramore)
- Friday 11/12: Orlando Scooter Fest (Downtown)