This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
🦆 TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- 🌯 So, Baja Burrito Kitchen closed suddenly and apparently all of Orlando is really upset about it.
- 🍿 The schedule has been released for the 2019 Florida Film Festival, for all 184 films.
- 🚕 The City of Orlando will designate two trial rideshare hubs in the Central Business District to help ease the late-night bar exodus.
- 🍝Sette Italian, by the Se7enbites crew, has opened in Ivanhoe Village and now we want to eat there every day this week.
- 🚴♂️ In bike-related news, Juice Bike Share will close at the end of the month and the new Colonial Pedestrian Bridge has officially opened.
- 🏊New designs were just released for the Packing District YMCA and it looks a little bit like a theme park/cruise ship. We’re not mad about it.
- 🍸 A Steve McQueen-themed cocktail lounge is opening above Bullitt Bar, suddenly making us wonder if the Bullitt was named after the 1968 film.
- 🏗️ “Injuries, deaths mount as I-4 Ultimate project rolls on, records show.” – Orlando Sentinel
- 🚒 “Orlando fire chief resigns following
investigationinto allegations of harassment.” – FOX 35
- 🍴 “Central Florida restaurateurs share new eateries’ journeys from concept to first bite.” – Orlando Sentinel
🦆 ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Austin’s Coffee and The Falcon are having a baby.” – Bungalower
- “New owners breathing new life into The Wine Barn in Winter Park.” – Bungalower
- “City gains full control over land in front of Dartmouth Park.” – College Park Paper
- “Orlando’s 13 Essential Cocktail Bars.” – Eater Miami
- “Massive crackdown on sex trafficking from Palm Beach to Orlando yields hundreds of arrests.” – FOX 35
- “Finalist for $100,000 business plan competition has dummy text, dead links on
website.” – Orlando Venture Sourcing
- “Coffee at The Robinson is coming soon to downtown Orlando.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Thad Seymour will continue as UCF interim president until 2020.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Five Orlando startups named Cade Prize Sweet 16 Finalists.” – Orlando Venture Sourcing
- [PAYWALL] “$17M project proposed near Orlando International Airport.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “Unicorp sells marquee Winter Park retail centers for $63.5 million.” – GrowthSpotter
🦆 PARTNER LINKS:
- “New business brings car wash to you.”
- “You’re invited to a Rolling Stones tailgate party on April 24 in Jacksonville.”
- “History Center’s Retro Game Night returns, March 29.”
- “Poutine Palooza is back for the third year.”
🦆 HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- 🚴♂️ Tuesday 3/26: Bike Plan Update Public Meeting (Delaney Park)
- ⚔️ Tuesday 3/26: Opera on the Menu at Maxine’s (Colonialtown South)
- 🦈 Tuesday 3/26: Cult Classics/Science on Screen – Deep Blue Sea (Maitland)
- 🤓 Wednesday 3/27: 100 Things To Do In Orlando Book Signing (Mills 50)
- 👕 Wednesday 3/27: Spring Fashion Show (Mills 50)
- 🤓 Thursday 3/28: UCF Distinguished Lecture Series – Mark Fenton (Downtown)
- 🌼 Thursday 3/28-31: Festival of Arts and Flowers (Ivanhoe Village)
- 🐾 Thursday 3/28-31: Myakka Sasquatch Expedition (Out of Bounds)
- 🔵 Thursday 3/28-31: Florida Blueberry Festival (Out of Bounds)
- 🤓 Friday 3/29: Retro Game Night – College Edition (Downtown)