SPONSORED by the OCLS Booktoberfest on October 4: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was sponsored by the SoDo Main Street Program.
DON’T FORGET THAT WE’RE HOSTING BUNGALOWER BINGO EVERY MONDAY THIS MONTH AT WALLY’S IN MILLS 50.
THE FUN BEGINS AT 7 P.M. AND IT’S FREE!
Tell your friends how to get our Top Ten roundup in their inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- The onePULSE Foundation, which makes us spell its name with all caps, has purchased property for their promised museum.
- Foxtail Coffee is partnering with DG Doughnuts but only at their Lee Road location.
- Some crosswalks in Thornton Park have a new swan decal on them and they’re reportedly the first of many.
- There’s a new Korean Fried Chicken concept moving into Mills 50 in the former home of Noodles and Rice.
- A Philly cheesesteak restaurant is moving into Beth’s Burgers‘ old space in downtown Orlando.
- Cool Job Alert: Executive Director at Downtown Orlando Partnership.
- “Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer, challengers Sam Ings and Aretha Simons meet in feisty first forum.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Man who dragged shark to death in viral video is sentenced.” – WESH 2
- “Man who climbed 400-foot tower at Orlando TV station makes his way down safely.” – WFTV 9
- “Orlando readies for electric scooter invasion with proposed rules for speed, wheels and no-go zones.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “AdventHealth building Stargate for Winter Park campus.” – Bungalower
- “City of Orlando updating code for Downtown Parking District.” – Bungalower
- “FDOT trying to convince locals that roundabouts are cool.” – Bungalower
- “Baldwin Park Village Center has a 2,494 SF retail space available.” – The Daily City
- “Orange County’s road to future transportation.” – Florida Politics
- “Orlando company aims to cure Brain Eating Amoeba.” – FOX 35
- “Six transportation goals congress should be thinking about.” – Governing.com
- “OUC workers signed non-disclosure pacts with Universal Orlando; experts question why.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Visit Orlando, sports fund to get more tourist tax money under new spending plan.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “EA reportedly nearing deal to move its Central Florida office.” – Orlando Venture Sourcing
- “Help wanted: These top Orlando tech firms have 1,500+ open jobs.” – Orlando Venture Sourcing
- “The spectacular benefits of Tactical Urbanism.” – Streets Blog USA
- “Special prosecutor requested for Orlando airport authority.” – WCTV.TV
- “Orlando local arts groups not happy about increased fees at Dr. Phillips Center.” – WFTV 9
- “Straight Trippin’ to … Cassadaga.”
- “Orange County Library October event roundup.”
- “Bungalower Media publishes our first-ever Downtown Orlando Survival Guide.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 9/23: Bungalower Bingo Night at Wally’s (Mills 50)
- Tuesday 9/24: Rethinking Home Rule (North Quarter)
- Tuesday 9/24: Carlton Ward Jr. presents ‘Florida Wild’ (Winter Park)
- Thursday 9/26: Frontier Airlines at Ivanhoe Park Brewing (Ivanhoe)
- Thursday 9/26: Deep Purple – The Long Goodbye Tour (Downtown)
- Friday 9/27: Orlando Critical Mass (Ivanhoe)
- Friday 9/27: Citrus Pop! (Maitland)
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT WHAT ELSE IS IN OUR ONLINE CALENDAR THIS WEEK.