This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus”on Real Radio 104.1 was recorded at Jon Busdeker’s house because he hates people and didn’t want to pay more than $5 for a sandwich. Click HERE to listen or catch up on one of your favorite podcast platforms.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Here are our ten most-read stories of 2020.
- We made an interactive map of Orlando pizza restaurants.
- We have a lot to celebrate food-wise in 2020 and a lot to look forward to in 2021, so we made a list of all the things for you.
- Local chefs really stepped out of the box last year with some innovative pop-ups.
- Speaking of pop-ups, this local chef is opening up a brick and mortar version of his omakase series in Audubon Park.
- Visit Orlando has hired a new president and CEO.
- A rabies alert has been issued for Delaney Park.
- Cool Job Alert: Zamboni Driver at Amway Center.
- “Top Tables 2020: The best restaurants that opened in Orlando this year.” – Orlando Weekly
- “12 ways to give back to Orlando this holiday season.” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “2020: A banner year for space exploration.” – 90.7 WMFE
- “Don’t let the pandemic winter get you down – 9 creative ways to socialize safely.” – 90.7 WFME
- “New COVID-19 variant spreads to dozens of countries.” – 90.7 WMFE
- “Ask Bungalower: What’s happening with Great Harvest Bread Co.?” – Bungalower
- “It’s a — New Year’s baby! Orlando-area hospitals welcome 2021’s first newborns.” – Click Orlando
- “‘Freakishly warm’: New Year to kick off with temperatures in the 80s.” – FOX 35
- “Over 120,000 passengers expected to fly from Orlando this weekend.” – FOX 35
- “Universal Orlando to reopen Volcano Bay.” – FOX 35
- “Universal Orlando stays silent on capacity limit.” – Inside The Magic
- “2020 is finally over. Here are 10 Orlando moments to remember from the year that wasn’t.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando music year in review: 20 things we loved in an unlovable 2020.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Valentine’s Day 2021 specials in Orlando – MegaList.” – Tasty Chomps
- [PAYWALL] “Otter tests positive for rabies in Orlando neighborhood.” – Orlando Sentinel
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- ONGOING: 15 Days of Pom Pom’s Anniversary Celebration (Milk District)
- Monday 1/4: Alphonse Mucha – Illustrator Who Changed Advertising (ONLINE)
- Tuesday 1/5: AIGA Orlando January Community Meeting (ONLINE)
- Tuesday 1/5: Creature Feature – Dead By Daylight (Milk District)
- Tuesday 1/5: Taffy’s Bungalower Bingo (Downtown)
- Thursday 1/7: A Lockpicking Practicum With Schuyler Towne (ONLINE)
- Thursday 1/7: Cabin Fever – Drive-in Laser Show (Out of Bounds)
- Thursday 1/7: Orlando Fringe Winter Mini-Fest (Ivanhoe Village)
- Thursday 1/7: Zora Neale Hurston’s 130th Birthday Celebration (ONLINE)
- Friday 1/8: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Florida Everblades (Parramore)