This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s downtown “bungalow neighborhoods.”
Click HERE to listen to Episode 350 of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1.
TOP TEN HEADLINES
- Bungalower Media just launched a new monthly newspaper product and we’re super excited about it, y’all.
- City Council voted “yes” to purchase the Pulse Nightclub property for $2 million.
- The downtown CRA just launched some fresh incentives to entice new retail and restaurant tenants into the downtown core.
- Orlando Magic game-goers can enjoy free SunRail rides just by showing their ticket stubs to train attendants. Soccer fans should still consider riding their bikes.
- Winter Park Institute just came back from the dead and we couldn’t be happier about it.
- An unnamed driver crashed their car into the fountain in Baldwin Park and we’re still waiting to hear how it happened.
- A new taco restaurant is opening in Winter Park and people seem pretty jazzed about it, proving that there’s no such thing as too many tacos.
- “Orlando Museum of Art settles lawsuit with singer Sisaundra Lewis.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Dozens protest Orlando police closing probe of Black woman found hanging from tree.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “What you need to know about voting day in Orlando.” – WESH 2
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT)
- “Barnie’s CEO dishes on evening offerings at Winter Park Cafe.” – The32789
- “Maker Faire returns to the Fairgrounds November 4 and 5.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando gets $1 million grant from Bloomberg Philanthropies.” – Bungalower
- “Orlando Museum of Art to offer one free day a month as part of new partnership.” – Bungalower
- “Historic Orlando ice cream shop to reopen with new name, owners.” – Click Orlando
- “Britney Spears reveals she lived in Orlando with Justin Timberlake in the early 2000s.” – FOX 35
- “Live Local Act ‘like throwing a hand grenade’ on local real estate.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Orlando City Council approves purchase of Pulse site.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Spooky Awards: 13 of Orlando’s best-dressed Halloween homes.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Worth every penny, Orlando City’s investment with Facundo Torres pays off with No. 2 seed in MLS Cup Playoffs.” – Orlando Sentinel\
- “First ever ‘Florida Man Games brings ‘evading arrest,’ ‘beer belly sumo’ contests next year.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Latin music megastar Maluma returns to Orlando’s Amway Center next week.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando singer Jordan foley to debut themed concert series “The Set List” at Barley and Vine.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Pulse survivors demand third-party investigation into code violations, club owners.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando commissioner used tax dollars when arrested, intoxicated out-of-state.” – West Orlando News
- “Rebecca Soto: Orlando woman shares lightning-strike survival story.” – WESH 2
- “A New White House plan to create affordable housing: Convert empty office buildings.” – Bloomberg CityLab
- “The Definitive Guide to Balcony Designs.” – Bloomberg CityLab
- “Florida town adopts ‘Big Green Network.'” – CNU
- “Couples and friends hanging out – Public spaces where affection thrives.” – Social Life Project
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK
- Monday 10/30: Rally’s Social Entrepreneurs Showcase – Summer 2023 Cohort (North Quarter)
- Tuesday 10/31: Costume Contest and Brenda’s Birthday Drag Bingo (Baldwin Park)
- Thursday 11/2: Best of Winter Park (Winter Park)
- Thursday 11/2: 22nd Annual Taste of Thornton Park (Thornton Park)