This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s downtown “bungalow neighborhoods.”
Click HERE to listen to Episode 353 of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 FM, which was recorded at Freehand Goods in College Park.
TOP TEN HEADLINES
- Our print issue for November is available online. It’s a newspaper now! There’s also a handy map in the online version if you need help finding a physical issue.
- Daddy Yankeey just launched an Orlando pro padel league team but we’re not sure how to pronounce it.
- Two famous DJs punted out Pub Sub sandwiches at this year’s Electric Daisy Carnival and their peeps caught it all on camera.
- Florida Citrus Sports is trying to hype up the town to support their next round of renovations at Camping World Stadium and we’ve got the renderings.
- A local architectural firm is looking to adopt a stormwater pond in Parramore and turn it into a beautiful boardwalk park. Check out the renderings.
- Sanford’s favorite tiki-flavored speakeasy, Suffering Bastard, opened an absinthe-focused sister concept in Mills 50. And it’s pretty cute.
- Last week’s Cows ‘n’ Cabs foodie event raised over $1 million in one evening. Which is crazy.
- The boys at Red Panda Noodles are shacking up with Cupid’s Hot Dogs in North Orlando and they’re going to have their own takeout window soon.
- “OnePulse Foundation executive director resigns.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “SunRail’s financial shift from FDOT to local governments may include an eye-popping cost.” – Orlando Business Journal
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT)
- “The Supreme Court won’t allow Florida to enforce its new law targeting drag shows during appeal.” – 90.7 WMFE
- “Alfond Inn unveils expansion, new amenities.” – The 32789
- “Curry Ford West’s holiday selfie crawl is back for 2023.” – Bungalower
- “Mayor appoints David Barilla as Executive Director of DDB/CRA.” – Bungalower
- “Science Center opens sales for 2024 beer festival.” – Bungalower
- “Winter Park’s MLK Park to receive special commemorative statue.” – Bungalower
- “Shop small and eat local tour.” – Lemonhearted
- “Deadwords Brewing, Persimmon Hollow file for Ch. 11 bankruptcy protection.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Major spike in attendance for Electric Daisy Carnival Orlando (PHOTOS).” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Dizzy Donuts won’t be opening in College Park after all.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando Museum of Art countersued by former director Aaron de Groft in ongoing fake art case.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Learning from Poughkeepsie.” – Architect
- “A vertical campus reshapes the Boston skyline.” – Azure
- “Climate change will test Tokyo’s world-class flood defenses.” – Bloomberg CityLab
- “Children, left behind by suburbia, need better community design.” – CNU
- “El Paso tried to turn this historic neighborhood into a sports arena. Then residents stepped in.” – Next City
- “Our planning process is broken. Street experiments can help.” – Next City
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK
- Monday 11/20: Audubon Park Community Market (Audubon Park)
- Monday 11/20: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Savannah Ghost Pirates (Parramore)
- Tuesday 11/21: Bungalower Bingo and Music Video Dance Party (Baldwin Park)
- Tuesday 11/21: Orlando Magic vs. Toronto Raptors (Parramore)
- Wednesday 11/22: Shak Nasti (Mills 50)
- Friday 11/24: Cornhole Tournament (Milk District)
- Friday 11/24: Thanksgiving Weekend Celebration (Winter Park)