This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 102nd episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE, recorded at Bulla Gastrobar in Winter Park.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Tavistock has dangled a sexy offer to the Orlando Museum of Art to (possibly) move to Lake Nona and they’re reportedly considering it.
- The infamous “Peacock House” is for sale but don’t worry, the peacocks are all staying …
- There’s going to be a pop-up bunny cafe at The Nook on Robinson on March 30th. With real bunny rabbits.
- In one of our latest Ask Bungalower columns, we look into a new pot shop moving into the Church Street Exchange building.
- Pizza Bruno is getting liquor.
- A new multi-family residential project is planned for Park Lake Highland.
- “Sources say billionaire behind Lake Nona proposes new location for Orlando Museum of Art.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Orlando’s economy is expected to keep growing in 2019 — but some areas will see a slowdown.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Zillow will start buying Orlando homes directly this year.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “City to bring College Park intersections to ADA compliance.” – Collge Park Community Paper
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “New homes replacing College Park day care center.” – Bungalower
- “The 50 Most Popular Gay Bars in the United States.” – Logo TV
- “Orlando homes sales nose-dive in December, finish down for year.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Dockless Lime bikes are suddenly everywhere. Are they Orlando’s answer to public transit’s ‘missing mile’?” – Orlando Weekly
- “Pulitzer Prize-winning author Gilbert King discusses the recently pardoned Groveland Four at Writer’s Block Bookstore.” – Orlando Weekly
- “A Foodie’s Tour of Orlando’s Mills 50 District with Congresswoman Stephanie Murphy.” – Tasty Chomps
- “Winter Park High School enjoys upgrades.” – Winter Park/Maitland Observer
- [PAYWALL] “Former Ramada Downtown Orlando hotel sells for $6.6M, closes temporarily.” – GrowthSpotter
- [PAYWALL] X Orlando developer eliminates green wall, reduces height to appease neighbor“.” – GrowthSpotter
- “Special dinner featuring heart-centric dishes for Valentine’s Day.”
- “Dr. Phillips announces digital lottery for Hamilton tickets.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Monday 1/21: Cher at the Amway Center (Parramore)
- Monday 1/21: NFL Alumni Pro Bowl Week (Orlando)
- Tuesday 1/22: Artist’s Talk with Jason Lazarus (Winter Park)
- Tuesday 1/22: Hamilton (Downtown)
- Tuesday 1/22: SandwichEatUp at A La Cart Orlando (Milk District)
- Wednesday 1/23: Culture Pop! Spring 2019 Exhibition Opening (Out of Bounds)
- Friday 1/25: Orlando Critical Mass (Downtown)
- Friday 1/25: Side by Side (Winter Park)
- Friday 1/25: TLC at Hard Rock (Out of Bounds)
- Friday 1/25: Winter Book Sale (Downtown)