SPONSORED by the OCLS Cuisine Corner – Orlando Meats event: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 117th episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Unicorp National Development just made a $23 million deposit on Fashion Square Mall with plans to knock it down and build a mixed-use “lifestyle complex” on the site.
- A parody rap video that was filmed on an Orlando rooftop was used to indict 5 Pharmaceutical executives last week in Boston.
- A new Mexican concept has moved into the former Thornton Park Graffiti Junktion space.
- Juice Bike Share just told us they’re back in action; except they have a whole new name and the bikes are dockless.
- Skycraft is looking to sell their current home and move into something bigger up the street in Winter Park.
- Super Rico Colombian Bistro will reopen in their newly renovated/expanded space downtown in the next couple weeks.
- A new food hall is being pitched for Church Street’s Bumby Arcade.
- “Florida Senate approves the largest Florida highway expansion in 60 years. Environmentalists say it would be devastating.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Orlando Executive Airport leaders consider plan to allow commercial flights.” – WFTV 9
- “Florida-based books by Florida-born women capture the state in all its ugly beauty.” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “La Belle (Furs) hosting sale to prep for big remodel.” – Bungalower
- “Paris Banh Mi is now open in Mills 50.” – Bungalower
- “University Club announces grand opening of new clubhouse.” – Bungalower
- “How philanthropy can ensure opportunity zones ensure widespread economic renewal.” – The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- “Best margaritas around Orlando, according to Yelpers.” – Click Orlando
- “21 Best Restaurants in Orlando, Florida.” – Conde Nast Traveler
- “Orlando City SC: Next five matches absolutely pivotal.” – Fansided
- “The newest hot coworking space costs just $2.25 an hour, because it is a parking spot.” – Fast Company
- “Hole in road shuts down south access to Orlando International Airport.” – FOX 35
- “Lime looking to bring electric scooters to Orlando.” – FOX 35
- “AOL founder Steve Case: Orlando ‘is on the rise,’ but still needs work.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “10 most-expensive Central Florida mansions sold this year feature opulence, lake views.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Pulse owners illegally transferred nightclub to hide value from massacre victims, lawsuit claims.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Eola General just rolled out their breakfast menu and now we’re really hungry.” – Orlando Weekly
- “Fun Spot Orlando plans to replace old Ferris Wheel with an attraction ‘you can’t stop looking at.'” – Orlando Weekly
- “City task force discusses future of old Winter Park library site.” – Winter Park/Maitland Observer
- “House of the Week: New-build in Winter Park asking $383,000.”
- “Pool home in Lake Eola Heights asking $900,000.”
- “Turnkey home in Curry Ford West asking $435,000.”
- “Ask Bungalower: Where are the scooters we were promised?”
- “Heart of Florida United Way wants you to jump off a tall building.”
- “Great Reads: Orange County Public Library’s May book selections.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 5/7: BBQ on the Boulevard (South Eola)
- Wednesday 5/8: Talking Transit with Pulptown (South Eola)
- Wednesday 5/8: An Evening with Greg Brewer (College Park)
- Wednesday 5/8: Bob Saget (Milk District)
- Thursday 5/9: Summer of Space – PBS Screening (Downtown)
- Thursday 5/9: The Art of Collecting (Parramore)
- Friday 5/10: Bagel Bruno Pop-up (Winter Park)
- Friday 5/10: Monster Jam World Finals (West Orlando)
- Friday 5/10: Library After Hours – Brittany Hennessy (Downtown)