This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Be sure to listen to our latest episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE. It’s a fun weekly conversation of the week’s top headlines, over beers! You can catch it live on Real Radio 104.1 at 9 p.m. every Friday.
Get our Top Ten in your inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
- Real estate tech company Opendoor has officially launched in Orlando and they want to buy your house.
- Casseberry police chased an armed suspect onto the Rollins College campus this past Monday.
- WPRK, the Rollins College radio station, is finally returning to the airwaves.
- Mayor Buddy Dyer just backed an expansion plan for Mennello Museum that would see it quadruple its footprint in Loch Haven Park.
- A developer wants to build a three-story mixed-use project on that empty lot across from the Thornton Park Dexter’s.
- A new Irish bar/restaurant has its eyes set on a Park Avenue venue, but its fate rests in the hands of the City of Winter Park.
- “Full List: America’s Fastest-Growing Cities 2018.” – Forbes
- “People Are Leaving Silicon Valley and Orlando Might Be the Next Hot Spot.” – Inc.
- “Trump blocks access to puppy mill inspections as Florida weighs dog store legislation.” – Tampa Bay Times
- “An Up and Coming Neighborhood: Orlando’s Mills 50.” – Modern Cities
- “Every 2018 St. Patrick’s Day party happening in Orlando that we know of so far.” – Orlando Weekly
- “[Chef Kevin] Fonzo Hospitalized.” – Scott Joseph Orlando
- “UCF names Dale Whittaker as president-elect.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “How this local artist found sweet success in the shoe business.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Teen entrepreneurs find sweet success in honey business.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Great Escape Room takes first floor in downtown.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Permits filed to build new retail on vacant Mills 50 site.” – Bungalower
- “Free WiFi is now available at all Orange County Library system locations.” – Bungalower
- “Pokemon Go-style Jurassic World app game coming this summer.” – Bungalower
- “Locally-sourced market opens in the Almond Milk District.” – Bungalower