This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
If you missed us on Real Radio 104.1 this past Friday, you can still listen to our 101st episode of “Bungalower and the Bus” HERE, recorded at the new Coco restaurant in South Eola.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Palmer’s Garden and Goods is asking the City to let them sell alcohol in their Audubon Park nursery.
- The owners of Se7enbites are opening a new Italian restaurant in the former Stir Restaurant space in Ivanhoe Village.
- A Lake Alert was issued for lakes Formosa, Sue, and Rowena following another sewage leak behind Mills Park.
- A new back porch-themed venue is opening in the former BART space in the Mills 50 District. They’re hiring too.
- The historic Angebilt Building was just purchased by a coworking company for over $13 million.
- Greg Peters and crew are opening a new cocktail bar in a former Milk District Beer and Tobacco Outlet.
- “Homeowner asking for help after 5 different cars crash into her home.” – FOX35
- “Here’s how Orlando ranks among the busiest metro transit systems.” Orlando Business Journal
- “Orlando restaurant named one of Yelp’s Top 100 Places to Eat.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Orlando among cities announced as winners of Bloomberg American Cities Climate Challenge.” – Orlando Weekly
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Ford to end sponsorship of Lyft-owned bike share service.” – Axios.com
- “New taco shop now in soft opening in Milk District.” – Bungalower
- “OUC expanding Lake Highland substation behind Ivanhoe Building.” – Bungalower
- “‘The Zimmern List: Orlando’ to air Saturday, February 2.” – Bungalower
- “Michael Bloomberg gives $2.5M to Orlando to fight climate change.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Pine Hills native Jamal Sowell confirmed to lead Enterprise Florida.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “The Sam Flax Wall Project returns for an afternoon of quality building defacement.” – Orlando Weekly
- [PAYWALL] “Rollins College plans $28.6M dorm project to grow number of on-campus residents.” – Orlando Business Journal
- [PAYWALL] “Plans for distribution site near downtown Orlando move forward.” – Orlando Business Journal
- “Upgraded 3/2 in Colonialtown North asking $350,000.”
- “Merritt Park pool home wants $719,000.”
- “Updated Ivanhoe bungalow wants $415,000.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 1/15: Future of Arts and Culture in Florida Town Hall (Ivanhoe Village)
- Wednesday 1/16: Beer and Sausage Dinner Benefit (Hannibal Square)
- Wednesday 1/16: Peek A Boo Free the Flower Burlesque Show (Downtown)
- Thursday 1/17: Fairvilla University – A Body Positivity Workshop (Fairvilla)
- Thursday 1/17: Pet Photoshoot Fundraiser (SODO)
- Friday 1/18: Park Avenue Winter Sidewalk Sale (Winter Park)
- Friday 1/18: Renninger’s Antique Extravaganza (Out of Bounds)