SPONSORED: This is our latest rundown of the top ten things you need to know this week, in Orlando’s Bungalow Neighborhood news, and some bonus headlines you may have missed.
Our latest episode of “Bungalower and The Bus” on Real Radio 104.1 has been podcasted and is available HERE. This week’s episode was recorded at the newly-opened Qreate Coffee Studio in Mills 50.
Tell your friends how to get our Top Ten roundup in their inbox every Monday morning by signing up for our free newsletter.
TOP TEN HEADLINES:
- Road Alert: Mills Avenue is closing at the 408 for three months but mostly people are just mad at us for calling it 17-92.
- There’s a new brewery coming to the former Al’s Army Store on Orange Blossom Trail in Parramore.
- Smoke and Donuts is teaming up with Belicoso Cigars in their new Mills Park location.
- Foxtail and Bagel Bruno have finally announced the grand opening for their College Park location. We’ll be hosting an event for our Bungalower Buddies.
- Island Time grand re-opening under new ownership this month in Thornton Park.
- There’s a new axe-throwing venue opening in 55 West this week.
- Grounding Roots is closing its College Park store.
- “Buddy Dyer overwhelmingly reelected to fifth term.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Orange County declares Ski World Orlando mascot Marley a ‘dangerous’ dog.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Florida could require engaged couples to read ‘healthy marriage’ guide.” – Orlando Sentinel
ICYMI – (IN CASE YOU MISSED IT):
- “Orlando Economic Partnership forms new tech organization.” – Bungalower
- “Property owner wants you to take this sign.” – Bungalower
- “At Universal Orlando theme parks, a new $4 fee has been quietly added onto Uber rides.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Eat local all year long with a pre-curated foodie bucket list.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “UK financial tech firm opens office in downtown Orlando.” – Orlando Sentinel
- “Man suspected of Lake Eola Heights home attack turns self in.” – Spectrum News 13
- “Men who promised Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg concerts may have defrauded investors of more than $31 million.” – WFTV 9
- “Great Reads: Orange County Public Library’s November book selections.”
- “Spotlight: The Walden Community School.”
- “Starter Studio ED steps down.”
- “Volunteer Spotlight: Get to know Clean the World Foundation.”
HOT EVENTS THIS WEEK:
- Tuesday 11/12: The Art Of Creating A Home (Out of Bounds)
- Wednesday 11/13: Ikebana – The Intelligence of Flowers (Ivanhoe Village)
- Wednesday 11/13: Soco’s 5-Year Anniversary Dinner (Thornton Park)
- Thursday 11/14: Future of Attainable and Affordable Housing (Downtown)
- Thursday 11/14: Orlando Balloon Glow 2019 (Baldwin Park)
- Friday 11/14: Festival of Trees (Ivanhoe Village)
- Friday 11/14: Renninger’s Antique Extravaganza (Out of Bounds)
Holler at @ivanhoevillage Main Street for letting @bkeepz tag along on a walk thru the old Ivanhoe power plant on Orange Avenue. It used to be the home of @orlandoballet . Our new pal Tom from the City led a posse through the catacombs under the building to the rooftop to check the Happy Holiday sign that will be lit up on Jingle Eve this month on the 23rd!